August 3rd, 8 am to 4 pm
The Town of James Island is issuing sandbags for Tropical Storm / Hurricane Isaias today from 8 am to 4 pm at Town Hall – 1122 Dills Bluff Rd.
Two other locations by the City of Charleston are being offered also from 8 to 4 pm today:
- City of Charleston Environmental Services Building, 2150 Milford Street
- RiverDogs Stadium, 360 Fishburne Street
Residents with sandbags saved from prior storm events are encouraged to use those. Expect longer delays for sandbag operations due to safety precautions needed for COVID-19. To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and to protect our residents, volunteers and staff, the Town of James Island is instituting the following measures for sandbag operations:
- All persons participating in sandbag operations shall wear a face covering. This includes people getting sandbags, volunteers helping with operations and Town Staff.
- All persons handling supplies, equipment and any items that come in contact with the public shall wear gloves.
- Persons actively filling sandbags at a sand pile shall social distance and shall be limited to 8 persons at one time.
- All persons waiting to fill sandbags shall be in a specified line with at least 6 feet of social distance between persons not related or in the same household.
- Persons wishing to fill sandbags should bring their own shovels. Any Town provided shovels shall be disinfected between uses.
- Each household shall be limited to 10 sandbags each.
Monday, August 3, 2020 8:27:00 AM