Please see below for some proposed night time lane closures on the James Island Connector:
- 10-7-19 Monday night Lockwood ramp shoulder closure, 9pm until 5am
- 10-8-19 Tuesday night Lockwood ramp shoulder closure, 9pm until 5am
- 10-9-19 Wednesday night EBL right lane closed past Harborview off ramp, 9pm until 5am
- 10-10-19 Thursday night WBL right lane closed past Harborview on ramp, 9pm until 5am
The above work will result in a number of steel plates being installed on the roadway. The below are WEEKEND LONG closures that will require concrete cure times.
- 10-18-19 Friday night Lockwood ramp extended shoulder closure until Sunday afternoon 10-20-19.
- 11-01-19 Friday night EBL right lane closed past Harborview off ramp and WBL right lane closed past Harborview on ramp extended lane closure until Sunday afternoon 10-27-19.
All work is weather permitting.
SC Department of Transportation
M. Kevin Turner, P.E., LEEDAP
Office: (843) 746-6726
Safety 1st – Live By It!
Let ‘em Work, Let ‘em Live!
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:45:00 PM
Monday, September 30, 2019 12:05:00 PM
Town of James Island Candidates Forum
The League of Women Voters of the Charleston Area will sponsor a Candidates Forum for candidates running for public office (Mayor and Council) for the Town of James Island in the November 5, 2019 Election. The forum will be held at the James Island Town Hall, located at 1122 Dills Bluff Road, James Island, SC on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Monday, September 30, 2019 11:59:00 AM
The Town of James Island History Commission will meet on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. This meeting will be held at the James Island Town Hall, 1122 Dills Bluff Road, James Island. The meeting agenda is provided here for your information.
If additional information is needed, please do not hesitate to contact the Town Hall at (843) 795-4141 or visit us on FaceBook.
Monday, September 30, 2019 10:11:00 AM
The James Island Neighborhood Council will meet on Thursday, September 26 at 7 p.m. This meeting will be held at the James Island Town Hall, 1122 Dills Bluff Road. The agenda for the meeting can be found here.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:02:00 PM