The Town of James Island participated in a Tri-County Conference call this morning at 9:00 a.m. with Charleston County and health officials about Coronavirus/COVID-19.
Here are recommendations from the CDC and DHEC:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available use alcohol based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Practice social distancing of 6 ft.
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay at home when you are sick
- Cough into your elbow; cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw it in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Those with questions about COVID-19 can call the DHEC Care Line at 1-855-472-3432. Staff is answering calls Monday – Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you are experiencing symptoms, MUSC is offering free drive-thru testing at the West Ashley Citadel Mall. Please complete the information on MUSC tele-health to get an appointment before going to the drive-thru. MUSC Tele-health: https://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
School closings will be a statewide decision.
The Town of James Island recommends citizens follow the guidelines from the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
DHEC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) homepage: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) homepage: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
The Town remains vigilant in monitoring Coronavirus/COVID-19 and its potential impact on our region by making every effort to educate our staff and the public. Updates will be released and posted to the webpage and social media as new information becomes available. Visit our website at www.jamesislandsc.us for the latest news releases and on FaceBook.