The Town of James Island continues to monitor the development of Tropical Storm Dorian.
Here are some key issues:
- Tropical Storm Dorian is approximately 1,500 miles from the South Carolina coastline.
- Tropical Storm Dorian is moving northwestward at just under 13 mph.
- Tropical Storm Dorian will likely strengthen over the next 2 days, reaching hurricane strength.
- It is still too early to determine what if any impacts Dorian will have on South Carolina.
- The National Hurricane Center’s confidence in both the long term forecast track as well as the intensity forecast remains low.
The Town of James Island will continue to monitor Tropical Storm Dorian and highly advises that you do the same, making necessary preparations now to respond in the event Tropical Storm Dorian becomes a threat to South Carolina.
If there has been disruption to utility service, please contact Dominion Energy Customer Service through the resources listed below:
Dominion Energy Customer Service: 1-866-366-4357
Downed/Sparking Lines: 1-888-333-4465
Gas Leaks: 1-800-815-0083
Power Outage: 1-888-333-4465
Down Trees: Call 911
Current Charleston County Hurricane Information: https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/index.php
Definition of OPCON levels: http://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/opcon.php
Download the Charleston County EMD App for the latest updates by searching CC EMD in your carrier’s app store.
For updates, visit the Charleston County website or follow us on our social media platforms: