Here is a listing of what's happening the week of April 12, 2021:
Tuesday, April 13 @ 4:30 p.m., Trees Advisory Council Meeting. This meeting will be held by virtual platform. Agenda
Wednesday, April 14 @10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Town Blood Drive
Thursday, April 15 @ 7:00 p.m. Town Council Meeting with Public Hearing (in person meeting) Social Distancing and Face Coverings required, Meeting Packet
Friday, April 16: Emergency Rental Assistance Event (Sponsored by Charleston County) held at the James Island Town Hall 10-2 p.m. Flyer
Monday, April 12, 2021 10:26:00 AM
The Town of James Island Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 1122 Dills Bluff Road. This will be an in-person meeting with social distancing and face covering required. A Public Hearing and First Reading on the Town's 2021-2022 Draft Annual Budget will be heard. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com or given in person at the meeting. Sign in is required and speakers are limited to three (3) minutes. The meeting will also be lived-streamed and available for public view via the Town's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9sFR-ivmaAT3wyHdAYZqw/
April 15 Meeting Packet
Monday, April 12, 2021 10:05:00 AM
The application for Charleston County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (funded by US Treasury) will open online on April 12th at this website: https://charlestoncounty.org/erap/index.php
There are lots of ways residents can get help filling out applications. Starting April 12th, residents can get help in these ways:
- Call (855) 452-5374 Monday-Friday (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM) [Spanish available] or email firstname.lastname@example.org (will be available April 12th).
- Library locations where citizens can get help (call to make appointment starting April 12th – see website for locations)
- Events all over the County where citizens can walk up and get assistance (see website for events – also listed below)
- Renters and landlords can apply to this program. The application process requires input from both the tenant and the landlord.
- Flyers are attached (in English and Spanish). This program covers the entire County – all municipalities and unincorporated areas
- Questions? Visit the website for more information and see the FAQs.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:49:00 PM
Monday, April 5, 2021 10:17:00 AM
The Town of James Island History Council will meet on Tuesday, April 6 @ 6:00 p.m. This meeting will be held at the James Island Arts and Cultural Center (the former James Island Library) at 1248 Camp Road. This will be an in-person meeting. Masks and social distancing will be adhered. The agenda and meeting minutes can be found here
The Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 8 has been cancelled.
Monday, April 5, 2021 9:53:00 AM