The Town of James Island is hosting a socially distanced community shredding event on Friday, May 7, 2021, 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 1122 Dills Bluff Rd. All material for shredding should be kept in your vehicle. When you approach the shred truck, a member of our staff will be available to help unload.
This Shred event is sponsored by the Town of James Island and Shred It. Please refer to the attached flyer for further information. Flyer
Monday, April 12, 2021 12:30:00 PM
The James Island Town Council will hold a Public Hearing on proposed revisions to the Town of James Island Comprehensive Plan, per the required 5-year Review, on Thursday, May 20th at 7pm. The Comprehensive Plan Review will be available to the public via the Town’s website at www.jamesislandsc.us before the hearing, as well as being available at Town Hall at 1122 Dills Bluff Road during normal business
hours. Please also visit the Town’s website for details on the meeting format once the agenda becomes available.
Monday, April 12, 2021 11:33:00 AM
Here is a listing of what's happening the week of April 12, 2021:
Tuesday, April 13 @ 4:30 p.m., Trees Advisory Council Meeting. This meeting will be held by virtual platform. Agenda
Wednesday, April 14 @10:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., Town Blood Drive
Thursday, April 15 @ 7:00 p.m. Town Council Meeting with Public Hearing (in person meeting) Social Distancing and Face Coverings required, Meeting Packet
Friday, April 16: Emergency Rental Assistance Event (Sponsored by Charleston County) held at the James Island Town Hall 10-2 p.m. Flyer
Monday, April 12, 2021 10:26:00 AM
The Town of James Island Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting on Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 1122 Dills Bluff Road. This will be an in-person meeting with social distancing and face covering required. A Public Hearing and First Reading on the Town's 2021-2022 Draft Annual Budget will be heard. Comments may be emailed to email@example.com or given in person at the meeting. Sign in is required and speakers are limited to three (3) minutes. The meeting will also be lived-streamed and available for public view via the Town's YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9sFR-ivmaAT3wyHdAYZqw/
April 15 Meeting Packet
Monday, April 12, 2021 10:05:00 AM
The application for Charleston County’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (funded by US Treasury) will open online on April 12th at this website: https://charlestoncounty.org/erap/index.php
There are lots of ways residents can get help filling out applications. Starting April 12th, residents can get help in these ways:
- Call (855) 452-5374 Monday-Friday (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM) [Spanish available] or email firstname.lastname@example.org (will be available April 12th).
- Library locations where citizens can get help (call to make appointment starting April 12th – see website for locations)
- Events all over the County where citizens can walk up and get assistance (see website for events – also listed below)
- Renters and landlords can apply to this program. The application process requires input from both the tenant and the landlord.
- Flyers are attached (in English and Spanish). This program covers the entire County – all municipalities and unincorporated areas
- Questions? Visit the website for more information and see the FAQs.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:49:00 PM